BCCI formed a three-member committee to investigate the threats on Wriddhiman Saha

yyy
BCCI formed a three-member committee to investigate the threats on Wriddhiman Saha by the unknown journalist

The Board of Cricket Control in India (BCCI) has formed a panel based on three members to investigate the threats on the Indian wicket-keeper batter Wriddhiman Saha that he received from a journalist.

The Board of Cricket Control in India (BCCI) has formed a panel based on three members to look into the matter of the threats that the Indian wicket-keeper batter Wriddhiman Saha received from a senior journalist.

“The three-member committee comprises of BCCI Vice-President Mr. Rajiv Shukla, BCCI Treasurer Mr. Arun Singh Dhumal, and BCCI Apex Council Member Mr. Prabhtej Singh Bhatia. The committee will start the proceedings as early as next week,”

BCCI said in a statement. 

Wriddhiman Saha, a centrally contracted Indian cricketer, was allegedly threatened by a senior journalist for not responding to the messages in which he asked for an interview.

BCCI said that they are deeply looking into the matter as they have got in touch with Saha to ask him about the matter and they constituted a three-member committee to investigate the matter thoroughly.

Meanwhile, Saha had refused on Tuesday to reveal the name of the journalist who threatened him for an interview after the Indian wicket-keeper batter was not added into the squad against Sri Lanka.

“I haven’t received any communication from the BCCI yet. If they ask me to reveal the name (of the journalist), I would tell them it was never my intention to harm somebody’s career, to pull a person down. That’s why I didn’t reveal the name in my tweet. That’s not the teaching of my parents. The main purpose of my tweet was to expose the fact that there’s someone in the media who does such things, disrespecting a player’s wish,”

Saha told The Indian Express.

“It wasn’t fair, which I wanted to tell through my tweets. He who has done it knows it very well. I posted those tweets because I didn’t want the players to face such things. I wanted to convey the message that what has been done was wrong and no one else should do it again,”

he added.

Moreover, the 37-year-old also revealed that the journalist that threatened him and whose controversial texts he shared on social media without naming him, is yet to contact him to apologize for his behavior.

The journalist later sends him texts sounding in an aggressive tone for not responding to the texts. The matter was blown to the bigger management as first the Indian cricketer offered Saha any sort of help and then BCCI was involved to investigate the matter.

“I am hurt with the message of the journalist. Neither have I ever behaved badly with any journalist nor have they misbehaved with me. But this was uncalled for. I wanted to expose him so that people know that the world of journalism has such people,”

Saha told Zee News.

“After my tweet, BCCI has got in touch with me through email and the phone. They are investigating the matter. I will cooperate with them.

“I don’t want to reveal his identity because these are my morals and I live by principles. I always feel that I should give someone a second chance. This is the second chance that I want to give him for the time being,”

he said.

Most importantly, the wicket-keeper batter made it clear that he is not considering retirement despite the threats and being dropped from the Indian side.

“I am not considering retirement at the moment. I am going to play IPL and other matches in domestic cricket. I am shocked and hurt for being dropped for the next two-Test series against Sri Lanka. The way I played in the last match against New Zealand, I had expected that I will be on the team. But it seems that the selection committee had already made up their mind and decided to drop me,”

he elaborated.

Comments

0