Manchester United vs Arsenal. The 100th of Ole-Gunnar Solskjaer
The main upcoming fixture of this weekend is undoubtedly the top-match of two top-6 clubs ManUtd and Arsenal at Old Trafford. In this very article you will find some opinions and the latest squad`s news.
According to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, the majority of the squad has come through that test and should be fine to take on Mikel Arteta’s side, who are seeking their first league win at Old Trafford since September 2006.
“The squad looks good,”
the Norwegian added in a separate interview with MUTV.
“There were no injuries [from Wednesday] which of course is a big plus when you think of every game we play and the intensity. We’re getting better and better, I think everyone is seeing now that our fitness and sharpness is more up to speed and we should be ready for that game [on Sunday].”
99 matches of Ole-Gunnar Solskjaer as the head of Manchester United (the jubilee will be tomorrow with the guns) in numbers:
• 56 wins
• 20 draws
• 23 defeats
• win rate 56.56%
Compared to two managers of the post-Ferguson era: Mourinho – 62 wins, 23 draws, 15 losses, Van Gaal – 52 wins, 24 draws, 24 losses.
Current form and squads situation
Arsenal team news:
- Arsenal`s head coach Arteta has stated that brazailian central defender David Luiz is a major doubt to face Manchester United this matchday due his recent minor muscle injury. With so many other defenders injured, Shkodran Mustafi may be required at the back for the guest side.
- Ex-Chelsea winger Willian and Dani Ceballos who is on loan in Arsenal have both fully recovered from injury for the Gunners. The latter will more than likely go straight into the starting XI on Sunday, while Nicolas Pepe will hope to keep Willian out of the side after his impressive display on Thursday.
Manchester United news:
- As we knew before, Alex Telles has COVID-19 and will miss his 3rd match with Manchester United. But by the way, on Sunday, Anthony Martial completes a three-game ban.
- Despite a promising game on Wednesday, Donnie van de Beek is expected to return to the bench against Arsenal. French midfielder Paul Pogba will join him there, unless Ole Gunnar Solskjaer sticks to a 4-3-1-2.
- Newcomer ex-PSG striker Edinson Cavani is still awaiting his full club debut and could lead the line with Mason Greenwood and Marcus Rashford if Solscher returns to the 4-2-3-1 system on Sunday.
- Marcus Rashford, Bruno Fernandez and young scottie CM Scott McTominay will return to the starting lineup after making occasional appearances against RB Leipzig midweek.
- Also youngster Tuanzebe, as United’s fastest central defender, could be a defensive option in place of Lindelof if Solskjaer were concerned about Arsenal’s attack speed and offensive set-up.
Some score predictions of fans:
Manchester United v Arsenal all-time stats:
Games won: 99
Games drawn: 49
Games lost: 84
Kick off: 16:30 London time
Date: Sun, 01-Nov-20