Wriddhiman Saha has been granted NOC by the Cricket Association of Bengal
Veteran Indian wicketkeeper-batter Wriddhiman Saha on Saturday was granted the NOC (No Objection Certificate) by Cricket Association of Bengal.
Veteran Indian wicketkeeper-batter Wriddhiman Saha on Saturday was granted the NOC (No Objection Certificate) by Cricket Association of Bengal, ending his 15-year association that happened under acrimonious circumstances.
Saha, who has played 40 Test matches and will turn 38 in this October, was told by the Indian team management that don’t need an aged wicketkeeper into their side, not even as a second option.
Since, Saha had been criticized by the BCCI President Saurav Ganguly and also did not had good terms with the head coach Rahul Dravid, his pathway in Indian cricket had grown worse.
“Mr Wriddhiman Saha came to CAB and in an application to President Avishek Dalmiya sought the NOC from the association,”the CAB stated.
“CAB gave concurrence to the request of Mr Saha and provided the NOC to him for playing for another state. CAB also wished him the very best for his future endeavours,”it added.
He took the decision to leave Bengal after CAB’s joint secretary Debabrata Das accused him for skipping domestic matches of the state over excuses.
In return, Saha wanted an unconditional apology from Das which he did not get and when the official was sent to England as an official administrative manager of India, it broke the proverbial camel’s back.
The 37 year old had last been in discussion with the player-cum-mentor role with Tripura but a top official claimed that he demanded for an “exorbitant fee” for the contract.
“There has been no development so far after he asked for an exorbitant fee apart from the regular match fees (Rs 2.4 lakh per match),”the official told PTI.
“Tripura is currently mired in problems between two faction groups and there is an ongoing case in the High Court against the current establishment. Elections are due in September.”
On the other hand, the wicketkeeper-batter claims that Ganguly had assured him to be retained in the Indian team as long as he is the president had raised the eyebrows and Saha could never produce any evidence about the verbal statement of the former skipper.
“After scoring 61 against New Zealand at Kanpur, Dadi (Sourav Ganguly) congratulated me over WhatsApp and mentioned, ‘As long as I’m here (helming the BCCI), you would be in the team’.
“Such a message from the BCCI president really boosted my confidence. What I’m struggling to understand is how things have changed so fast,”the wicketkeeper-batsman had alleged in his outburst post getting the boot from national team.
After making his debut against Hyderabad in 2007, the Siliguri-born Saha has featured in 122 first-class games and 102 list A games. He has played 40 Test matches and 9 ODIs for India.