IPL 2020: Delhi Capitals on Top of The Points Table
The Delhi Capitals beat the Rajasthan Royals by 16 points in Game 30 of the 13th edition of the Indian Premier League. With 12 points, they overtake the Mumbai Indians and climb to the top of the points table.
Mumbai Indians is second, followed by the Royal Challengers Bangalore in third, with both teams with 10 points each.
Kolkata Knight Riders are ranked fourth with eight points in seven games; while Sunrisers Hyderabad continues to be at fifth position with six points in eight games.
Next to them are three-time MS Dhoni IPL champions Chennai Super Kings, six points in eight games in sixth place.
Last on the list is King XI Punjab with just two points.
IPL 2020 deploys the classic double-stage round-robin set up to ensure the top teams reach the top four spots on the IPL table and advance to the IPL playoffs. Each of the eight teams faces each other twice before earning a playoff shot and then the IPL Trophy.
However, the top four teams in the standings will qualify for knockouts. The top two teams lock the horns in Qualifier 1, and the winner goes straight to the final.
Here is a look at the current orange and purple cap holders in the 2020 edition of the Indian Premier League:
- KL Rahul (KXIP) continues to lead the tournament’s top scorers list with 387 runs with an average of 64.50.
- No. 2 is Mayank Agarwal with 337 runs and followed by Faf du Plessis with 307 runs.
- Kagiso Rabada (DC) holds the purple cap with 18 wickets.
- No. 2 is a new entrant, Jofra Archer, who has taken 12 wickets.
- He is followed by Jasprit Bumrah and Trent Boult – 11 wickets each.